I am pleased to announce a live online 8-week course, starting April 8, 2021: Mindfulness-based Relapse Prevention!
MBRP is an innovative program that integrates mindfulness practices with evidence-based cognitive and behavioral strategies, and gets at the root of addictive behavior by targeting two of the main predictors of relapse: negative emotions and cravings. Led by Rebecca Stanwyck, LCSW, an experienced psychotherapist and mindfulness meditation teacher, this is an 8-week course designed for adults in recovery or who are concerned about problematic substance use, as well as the clinicians who work with them. (CE credit available.)
Who should take this course?
- Do you sometimes struggle with cravings to use/abuse alcohol, drugs, or other substances?
- Are you easily triggered by current events or interpersonal situations to fall back into old, unhealthy thinking or behaviors involving substance misuse?
- Are you looking for an alternative to traditional AA/12 Step recovery programs?
- Are you seeking a more mindful, compassionate approach to addiction recovery?
- Are you a health professional who’s curious about how to integrate mindfulness and CBT approaches in your work with clients in recovery?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, and you are an adult over 21, then this course may be for you!
Of course you will also want to consider:
- Are you available on Thursday evenings from 6 – 8 pm PT in April and May?
- Can you commit to attending the 8 classes, as well as doing home practice involving guided meditation and cognitive therapy exercises?
- Do you have a computer or tablet that allows you to use Zoom?
- Are you ready to join a small group of like-minded adults who are curious about a more mindful, compassionate approach to identifying the thinking traps and negative emotions that can cause relapses in recovery?
- And can you afford to spend $320 on your personal growth and well-being?*
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, then this course is definitely for you!
Take the next step and enroll now! Events Calendar and Registration
*There is an additional fee for CE credits For more info about receiving CE credits